Thursday, August 23, 2012

Incredible India



 Being a Malaysian I was extremely excited to visit my motherland , yes I  always been told " balik India la "  when actually Im Malaysian so where to "balik "  . It is said that one should visit India at least once in their life time and I have to truly agree with that. Visiting India has made me count my blessing and truly humbled me. Thank you God for all that I have.




Out of all the places to have an ice hockey tournament yes in India .It was kinda funny telling anyone that talked to us who we met on this journey. This was the Challenge Cup Of Asia organized by IIHF  International Ice Hockey Federation . Dehradun is the capital city of Uttarakhan in the northern part of India. 




 I dont know what this means , it could be welcome ,hello , safe journey . Sadly I could not ask anyone when I was there , this was taken in New Dehli airport  .







       Dehradun is about 7 hours if you travel by bus from New Dehli fortunately we were able to travel by air which took us about 3 hours .
   New Dehli airport is about 10 times bigger than KLIA yes seriously , Im not too sure about how many landing strips there are but its huge and that just terminal  3.










    We took a flight in this plane from New Delhi to Dehradun. If you think Air Asia is rough then you have no idea , be great-full.  The flight reminded me a mini bus ride.

At least when you fly with these guys they give free drinks and snacks.
   This  is Dehradun's airport its very futuristic .





The famous car that we only see in Tamil or Bollywood movies and by this time was really getting cultured shocked.

  This is Tiki our guide / volunteer who was assigned to take of us. He is was one nice guy did a good job and liked by everyone.
 Me and some the guys right outside Dehradun's airport.
 Culture shocked even in Malaysia we dont do this . The hotel welcomed us with flowers around our necks.
Our team coach  , one awesome coach .









      The venue for the tournament was fantastic , top notch first class. An actual Olympic ice hockey rink. I only wished they had one of these here.  











Giant murals outside the stadium , really work of art.







  I was trying to figure out what winter sport is this .

At this tournament I lost my stick and this guy beside me found it , I was every so grateful that he found it. I was just upset that I didnt have a spare stick to give him . He could have really used one. 







We got Third placing for this tournament , I think we did well . I would like to thank everyone involved for making this happen , we could not have do it without you. 

No comments: